Tuesday 5 January 2010

Snow Day!

There are days when I wake up with great intentions. Actually, most days I wake up with great intentions, and it is not often that I get distracted from them, or choose to ignore them.

However, this morning I opened the curtains, and for probably the 5th or 6th time in a month, the world was covered in white. It looked so fresh and crisp and soft - how could I refuse its temptations? I have sat indoors out of good intention on many a perfect day. Resisted fresh air, fun and exercise in the name of duty.

But not today!


There will always be essays to write, carpets to hoover, people to e-mail. Life provides the wonderful and the mundane in equal measure (at least), yet we choose the mundane all to often! This is not something I intend to do everytime the world outside looks appealing, I must have restraint. But each day is a new chance to live and love completely, turning that chance down too often might have bad consequences. Best not risk it!

4 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more!
    My goodness those photos really capture the cold!
    Hope you had fun.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our snow came down at lunchtime... we just went out for a walk in the dark. I'll probably take my camera out tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing as the portfolio is in - it's snow-time for me again today! Yippee! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh enjoy!!! There's nothing like a field of snow to celebrate freedom from all things work-related!! :-)

    ReplyDelete