Tuesday 16 March 2010

House Arrest

One thing is missing from these glorious spring days. I step outside, to a day surrounded by people rushing on to the next task, a day surrounded by concrete, takeaway coffees, canteen odours, cigarette smoke. I step out and close my eyes and breathe in and can all of a sudden be right where I need to be. I wish this wasn't so easy to do, I wish my senses would remain in the city with me and stop taunting me with mountain air and green space.

I am craving space, scenery, green.



Days of unkempt wildness, picnics on damp grass, exploring, getting lost.




Worn out maps, untimely gusts of wind, peaks and dips and survaces to scramble.



Life in a backpack, stripped down to the bare essentials.


6 comments:

  1. I am craving some greenery, some wildness and some fresh air too! Can't wait for my writing course in Inverness. It's going to be heaven! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a writing course teamed with some wilderness - sounds like THE perfect combination! :-) Looking forward to reading all about it when you get back ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you need to go on a long hike and break out of the city!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so excited to have found your blog... i can't wait to read some of your older posts.
    a visit to "Chatsworth House " how charming
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness these pictures are amazing! they make me want to abandon all responsibilities and hike high mountains and run in green fields!

    ReplyDelete