Friday 8 April 2011

A Few Things

Normal blogging will resume shortly. For now, a few updates, a few plans, a few blanks.

A Few Updates:

- I have finally been published!!!

- We are planning a holiday! Finally! More on this when we've got certain plans (clue: bikes, ale and long coastlines will be involved. And no air travel)

- I've been addicted to the BBC4 adaptation of The Rainbow/Women in Love over the past few days. I almost insist that you watch this if you can!

- I am so touched by the messages left after my last post - thank you from the bottom of my heart. Things are getting easier to bear, and we are making big plans to act on the situation when we do the 100 mile bike ride - more on that soon, too.

A Few Weekend Plans:

- This weekend I intend to make a few dreams come true - we have tomato and strawberry plants lined up in our back yard, all ready for a summer of homegrown fruits, and a lifetime of homegrown nourishment (optimism is always key).

- I think this recipe would make a perfect Saturday tea. With wine, of course.

- I can't wait to snuggle up tonight in my pyjamas on the couch. I feel like I haven't stopped, haven't spent time being lazy with Daniel, haven't really indulged in tea and biscuits, for far far too long.

- Having been away for the past two weekends, we now have a stream of friends to catch up with. There's nothing I love more than sitting around a table late into the night, thriving on the laughter and conversation that people bring when they're together.

- In all I plan to take some time for myself, to rest and rejuvenate after two very difficult and tiring weeks. Sunshine, fresh air and rest is probably everything I need.

A few blanks:

1. Something that makes me a great friend is
my fine-tuned ear and my (usually) good advice. I know I'm a good listener, and I'm pretty good at delivering un-biased advice and opinion when it is needed. I'm not at all sensitive or unjudgemental, but hopefully my friends already know that!

2. I am
an optimist, in every sense. But it's not unfounded or naive; I feel I have thoroughly earned it.

3. I am not patient or shy. And I rarely give money to charity.

4. If I had to describe myself in three words, they would be
energetic, adventurous and enthusiastic.

5. Something I'm really cheap about is
tights. I only realize this today as I wear a pair of completely un-tight tights, hanging in an unladylike fashion around my knees, and bunching around my ankles. It's probably worth paying more than £2 for 10 pairs...

6. Something I'm willing to splurge on is
food. I spend such a heavy proportion of my money on organic or interesting foodstuffs, and it's worth every penny!

7. I would trade
my pretty dainty feet for pretty dainty hands in a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment