Friday 16 December 2011

Reverb, 2011: Part 3

You can find Part 1 and Part 2 here and here!

11. Who surprised you?

I surprised myself, many times!

12. What did you learn?

I learned how to really ride a bike. I learned how to make my own naan breads and how to poach an egg. I learned how to do my job, and then how to do my job well. I learned about winds and how they happen, which is fascinating.

13. When did you feel the most relaxed?

There was one really amazing time at the beginning of summer when we were blessed with what felt like loads of bank hoildays, all squashed together in a row. Not long after that we went on holiday to Northumbria. This whole time I just felt so happy, and so glad to just be, without needing anything else. We spent time reading in the garden, we wandered around York, we saw friends and went for leisurely bike rides. That was a wonderful time, and culminated in a moment which changed me for the better forever - this wouldn't have happened had I been any less than completely at ease with the world, as I was then.

14. Where did you leave a mark?

I couldn't say for sure, but I hope that I've left a positive mark on many people this year. I hope (I think) I've made an impression in my job, and made changes for the better in that respect. I also hope that I've somehow been able to help ease the sadness amongst my family, with my words or anything else.

15. What movies did you see?

So many! Too many to even remember! Some of the highlights:

The English Patient
Never Let Me Go
The King's Speech
Blue Valentine
Run, Fat Boy, Run

And many, many more.

1 comment:

  1. Have just caught up with your posts. You always write so brilliantly and from the heart.
    I wish you and Daniel a very happy Christmas and a 2012.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete