Friday 3 December 2010

Advent Teabag Thoughts - Fruit Delight

Fruit Delight Tea for Friday - Hurrah!


If you were a fruit, what would you be?

I'd be a mango. Tough on the outside, often seen in shades of green, at my sweetest in summer and my worst in winter.

I love fruit. I've had a fruit revival in my life as my hips have started to expand, and the variety in colour and taste is just wonderful - is there any more sensual food than fruit? Fruit is such a physical foodstuff. It needs washing or peeling, pulling apart, crunching. Every texture is different - the pear, the kiwi, the mango, the passionfruit, the banana. The colours are just endless, from brown to blue to yellow, and the tastes so varied, from citric to sweet to...blleaurgh what is that?! And the smells - clementines at Christmas, bananas before a run, peaches in the French supermarkets, melons in summer; all linked so strongly to seasons and memories and habits.

My thoughts on fruit are more profound than I initially imagined!

No comments:

Post a Comment