But that's fine! I like it that way! These habits aren't formed out of lack of imagination, but stem from the happiness that they bring me every time they come around. From my weekly pub quiz to my morning yoga routine, from my daily breakfast radio show to what I eat for breakfast on a Saturday: unchanging, and forever enjoyable.
So today is Friday, which means waking up at Daniel's after Curb Your Enthusiasm and Biscuits Night, a 10km morning run, post-run smoothie joys, pre-weekend pampering and a little bit of blog indulgence - to me, this all sounds like a pleasant way to spend every Friday for the rest of eternity!
My morning run was hampered by heat! Not used to such things, I dehydrated a little too quickly, and the run was uncomfortable, a little painful, tiring and hot. My body wasn't happy, but kept it going with the prospect of this ahead:
Another Friday habit: Fill In The Blanks, courtesy of Lauren!
I'm spending this weekend at my parents' house. I haven't been home for a few months now, and I can't wait to get back and sit in the garden with my Mum, drinking tea or wine or gin (depending on time of day!) and chatting about the things I can only chat about with her. Home means al fresco breakfast, endless cups of tea, pudding every night (though I'll only be there for 2 nights, sadly!) and my bedroom, which is the perfect retreat from everything I may ever need to retreat from. Home smells, shelves and shelves of books, trees and flowers and plants, and noisy commotion caused by my brother and his hoards of friends, who are always so polite despite my inability to behave normally around them (last year, while in a rather undignified state I was driven home by one particularly gentlemanly friend: I had consumed too much Pimm's and couldn't function properly, and said friend has not mentioned my lolling traversty since). So, Friday pampering comes with real purpose this week, in time for a little 'get-away to the country' which will involve a barbeque, a school fair (more on this later) and lots of friendly company, laughter and (probably) Pimm's!
1. My favorite thing about this week has been spending the day with my Mum and Auntie on Monday, eating lunch together, having our hair cut and browsing some lovely shops!
2. The weather this week has been warm-ish; weather that plays tricks! The mornings have been so sunny and nice, so I head out without a coat, sit freezing all day and have to ride home on a soggy bike. Ah well :-)
3. The last (interesting) item I received in the mail was a CD, yesterday, by a band called Stornoway. I try to buy music from shops, rather than Amazon, but this is quite obscure, so compromise had to be made!
4. The last movie I saw was 'Prime'. I thought it'd be good as Meryl Streep stars in the main role. I was wrong. A fun watch, anyway!
5. If I could be doing anything I felt like today I would be home already, sitting in the garden with a good book and an orange juice. Soon, soon!
6. As a teenager I was angry and pretty unhappy. I've flipped 180 degrees since!
7. I wish I could trade lives for the day with my cousin. She's 18 and just finished her exams, and I know she's spending the summer days with friends, laughing and having amazing adventures. I'd love to go back to that feeling of freedom, with the prospect of University ahead of me!
Have a great weekend!