Fig Friday, because my lunch plans changed, leaving me with only dried figs and some leftover muesli. Great.
I don't say this very often, but I am planning to get very very drunk at the soonest instance - you've got to go there to come back, after all.
1. I am currently obsessed with the future. I have dropped all of my other thoughts and all I can focus sensibly on is 'where on earth am I going?'.
2. Today I am a tragic wreck because I have been let down too many times, to the point where I can do no more. I am losing faith in most of the things around me, and in myself most of all.
3. The age I am is 23 and the age I feel is 23, sometimes 24. I am standing solidly right here.
4. My favourite place is my kitchen, the heart of my home and the heart of my life right now. I love to sit at the table with a cup of tea/glass of wine, listening to the radio or chatting to Daniel. I love the colours and the shapes of the food on the shelves, the creativity that happens within the four walls, the breaking down and the coming-back-together that happens so regularly around a kitchen table. My life takes place around my kitchen table.
5. Something I have been procrastinating is cleaning the house. Oh my, I looked around on Wednesday and I was horrified by the mess that I had not even noticed! We tend to clean in large chunks rather than small, manageable bites, and there is a house-sized chunk waiting at home for us to clean right now.
6. The last thing I purchased was a copy of the 'i' newspaper, from the Independant. For some reason I can't bring myself to read the free paper, but 20p for news, interesting comments and good writing is a perfectly reasonable price to pay, in my view!
7. The thing I love most about my home is the collection of our things, that have been accumulated over time first individually, and now as a couple. Our childhood teddies sit together in the bedroom, each knowing things about me/Daniel that we will never know about one another. There's my Gran's record player, and Daniel's immense collection of books, each being such a huge part of our own hearts. Then there's our couch, which was our first mega joint purchase, and our growing collection of maps, which mark out our adventures over the span of our relationships. These are so much more than material posessions: they are our stories, our history and our identity.
Take part here. Have a great weekend :-)