Some other lovely things that have been carrying me through the tough bits lately:
- At the moment I am leaving the house at exactly the right time to catch the dawn chorus. This is a stunning treat; it makes me fizz delightedly inside.
- Hot showers. Someone amazing once told me that there is no better fix for sadness then a hot shower. My showers are so long right now that I may well dissolve soon; I justify this less-than-ecological indulgence with the fact that I use natural soap and shampoo...
- Pyjamas. I love pyjamas - I would wear them all day if I could. It's a good job that Daniel thinks I look cute in my PJs as I put them on almost as soon as I arrive home. I do have some rather gorgeous night attire though; I'd spend my money on PJs over clothes any day!
- Marmite on toast. Because sometimes, all I want and need is buttery toast smeared with loads of Marmite. And it hits the spot every time.
- Early nights. 8:30pm is now a perfectly acceptable time to curl up in bed. With a Horlicks.
*actually, if life had sent me lemons, I'd be enjoying a nice lemony wedge of one in my G&T right now. But no, simple G&T will do just fine.